The main tasks and functions of the Committee:
1) development of uniform criteria and requirements for educational and methodological support, taking into account the specifics of disciplines of the departments;
2) design, correction and statement of unified syllabus standards with the content of assessment criteria;
3) consideration and affirmation of educational programs;
4) approval of the forms of the final control in the disciplines of the KAZGUU School of Liberal Arts;
5) monitoring and analysis of the course of the educational process, development of recommendations for improving the quality of the organization of the educational process of the SLA;
6) review 7 of issues on the organization of the educational process of the current nature (credit offset*, replenishment of classes, requests from students related to technical problems of Canvas, other requests from students and parents.)
*AQC SLA considers applications from offsetting loans of the following students:
-students with IELTS, TOEFL certificates and their equivalents;
-students with TOLES certificates;
-graduates of NIS and IB schools (international baccalaureate)
-students transferring from other universities;
-students who are transferred from one educational program to another.
To receive a credit, the student must submit an application addressed to the chairman of the AQC SLA through the KAZGUU Service Center. In the application, the student must indicate the names of the disciplines that are to be credited, and also attach supporting documents (transcript, TOLES certificate, IELTS/ TOEFL of their equivalents: syllabus, advisor`s recommendation if necessary.)
The procedure for applying for students through the KAZGUU Service Center:
1) The student submits an application for consideration by the AQC SLA through KAZGUU Service Center, which is then forward to the AQC Chairman. The student must attach supporting documents with the application.
2)The AQC Chairman examines applications. In the absence of materials for consideration of applications, the Chairman sends them for revision or the Chairman of the AQC submits the application to the AQC SLA, also puts the coordinators of the departments and/or other employees (adviser, administrator of Canvas, office-registrar, etc.) for approval.
3) These applications are consider within 5 working days.
4) Decisions on student requests are send to the KAZGUU Service Center, the student, also department coordinators and/or advisors.
Chairman of the Academic Quality Committee – A.S.Sarsenbayeva.
1. Development of the policy and ethics of research activities of the KAZGUU School of Liberal Arts.
2. Extension of corporate and business ethics at the School, maintaining a positive business image of the School and resolving conflict situations associated with violation of ethical norms and rules or conducting educational activities.
In accordance with the tasks assigned to it, the Committee performs the following functions:
1.Evaluation of the research work of the teaching staff and making appropriate recommendations for determining the categories.
2. Development of recommendations for the publication of textbooks, teaching aids, articles.
3. Participation in the preparation and publication of scientific publications, involvement of researchers for double-blind peer reviewing.
4. Consideration of strategic issues and issues of a current nature on research and development work, analysis and recommendations for the organization of research work.
5. Implementation of a code of ethics in the School: organization of a training system for business and corporate ethics, ethics of scientific research, holding internal discussions, meetings and conferences.
6. Systematic study and monitoring of the state of corporate ethics and business culture at the School.
7. Consideration of conflict situations associated with internal and external conflicts.
8. Preparation of materials on the competence of the committee for submission to the School or University and other issues.
9. Checking the research work of teaching staff in the Turnitin system;
10. Monitoring for the presence of corruption issues and identifying hired performers of work in the framework of a survey among students.
Chairman of the Committee on Science and Ethics – Yemelyanova E.V.
*The Committee on Science and Ethics considers violation of the rules of conduct by students during examinations based on the criteria specified in the Manual for ensuring academic integrity (protocol of the meeting of the Academic and Research Council of M. NARIKBAEV KAZGUU University №3 March 20, 2019 and Extract from protocol of the meeting of the Committee on Science and Ethics of the KAZGUU School of Liberal Arts dated 05/08/2019, №21)