Training highly qualified specialists in the field of linguistics and social sciences and development of students’ language and academic literacy skills.
Priorities of the School:
- training students in the field of general education and languages;
- training specialists majoring in “Applied Linguistics”, “Translation Studies”, “Ka-zakh-English and Linguistics”, “Tourism”, “Hospitality”;
- educational work among students – the formation and development of moral and ethical qualities of students.
Strategic Goals of the School
- Preparation for international accreditation of “Applied Linguistics”, “Transla-tion Studies”, “Kazakh-English and Linguistics”, “Hospitality”;
- Development of research;
- Strengthening academic reputation of the School;
- Promotion of School certification programmes.
Objectives of the School
- Passing international accreditation of education programmes of the School;
- Development of the Advisory Council;
- Development of a selection system according to language criteria for admission to education programmes of schools;
- Ensuring international standards of quality education;
- Establishing connections with potential employers and experts in the field of education and certification programmes;
- Improving the use of a practice-oriented approach aimed at students gaining practical competencies;
- Development of internal and external academic mobility of students and faculty;
- Aligning training programs with the requirements of international standards;
- Analysis of the achieved learning outcomes in accordance with the syllabi and a graduate profile;
- Gradual transition to the principles of academic freedom;
- Strengthening the practical orientation of academic programs;
- Expansion of international relations: enrolment of international students, faculty, development of double diploma programmes, expansion of the library fund;
- Development of students’ applied and research competencies;
- Organizingand holding research conferences and seminars;
- Forming a research school;
- Attracting graduates from leading foreign universities, as well as certified specialists (CELTA, DELTA, TESOL, TOLES and others) to the educational process;
- Organization of certification courses and programs on a commercial basis.